What we do and how we operate:
PWA are one of the Leading providers (AND ALWAYS THE LOWEST QUOTE) of professional surveying & structural certification products, our policy is to be flexible and completely open and transparent with all our clients. Buying or building a new home is one of the biggest financial investments you’ll ever make. Protecting that investment is vital for you & your mortgage lenders, who will generally only lend on newly built (or newly converted) if the property is covered by an approved warranty (eg: NHBC) or the CML Professional Consultants Certificate from PWA architects.
Talk to us before you decide on anything - even if you are happy with your current supplier. Our prices, service and attention to detail is unbeatable!
PWA chartered architects are also the sole owners of the original retrocert.com and the official trademark UK00002656577 & retrocert Ltd.
Definition of ‘Warranty’ re: CML
The word ‘warranty’ is used in the sense that a professional consultant undertakes to the financial lender that the property is secure from a structural viewpoint and complies with building regulations. This should not be mistaken for any form of Latent Defects Insurance. A Professional Consultants Certificate is only a warranty in the sense that the issuing professional undertakes (by means of a signed CML certificate) that the subject property is built in accordance with the approved plans, complies with building regulations and is to a good standard. This undertaking is primarily for the use of banks and building societies as a security for a loan. The lender is provided with an assurance of the standard of construction, which is backed by the issuing architect's professional indemnity insurance. THIS IS NOT A LATENT DEFECTS POLICY. The NHBC provide an insurance backed guarantee and should intervene to provide a remedy to a problem, although some are excluded in their 'small print'. In all cases the builder is liable for the first two years following practical completion.
What are they?
Professional Consultants Certificates. The new cost effective alternative to structural warranties.
The new build PCC has been pre-approved by the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML). Link to Lenders. The main advantage being that the majority of lenders will offer a mortgage against it. This can prove extremely valuable if; you are selling the property and the purchaser needs a mortgage; draw down some funding, release interim payments if you wish to raise a Buy-to-Let mortgage against the property.
Protect Yourself and Your Home by choosing us:
No single company or organisation has the monopoly with New Build or Retrospective Certificates, so it can be difficult to choose. We are a very hands on and friendly and efficient company, who know how very important quality customer contact is. So we give you a personal service, where you can always talk to someone at the end of a phone. Our complete certification process provides peace of mind, and proof that your new home has been thoroughly inspected (PWA produce a full building condition report) audited & 'signed off' by a suitably qualified building professional (eg: RIBA) enabling your mortgage lender to release funds.
- A Retrospective Architect's Certificate is when we are called in 'late' - even if the project is built, we can help!
- Our certificate is most beneficial to first time self-build individuals, professional builders and developers who do not meet the NHBC certification eligibility.
- A straight forward and secure, six year structural certificate for home owners / investors;
- If you need cover for a large block of flats, conversion or new build single dwelling - always come to us.
- We specialise in the 'unusual' type of build, and we have never said no!
- So if you are a self-builder or developer; building a new house, converting / extending an existing property into new dwellings, this route may apply to you.
- Usually when we are appointed from the start of your project, the PCC (Professional Consultant's Certificate) pre-approved by the CML (Council of Mortgage Lender's) allows you to draw down (staged payments via an interim report ) on building loan money from your lender.
- CML certificates are available from accredited professionals such as, RIBA : clients in all areas like Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, the south east, the south west, the north east, the north west of the UK / major cities like London, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Chesterfield, Sheffield, Preston, Barnsley, Bradford, Blackpool, Bristol, Gloucester, The Midlands, Harrogate, Leeds, Luton, Manchester, York, Newcastle, Durham, Norfolk, Norwich, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, West Sussex, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Bristol, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire,Cleveland, Cornwall, Cumberland (Cumbria) Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Durham, East Ridings of Yorkshire, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Hertfordshire, Isle Of Man, Isle Of White, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, London, Merseyside, Middlesex, Norfolk, North Yorkshire, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Somerset, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Tyne and Wear, Warwickshire, West Midlands, West Yorkshire, North and South Wales, Norwich, Wiltshire, Wirral, Worcestershire, Yorkshire can benefit from this service because of the flexibility of the certification process.
- We cover Scotland; Glasgow, Edingburgh, Inverness, Sterling, Dumfries, Aire, All the Lothians etc.
- WE ARE NATIONWIDE and ALWAYS NEAR YOUR SITE.
- We visit your project at various stages after a thorough paperwork check / audit of the 'build' documentation has been completed.
- The process is very simple and easy (see our testimonials) and the main advantage is that the majority of lenders will offer a mortgage against it.
You will usually require the following documents:
We usually need a copy of the following before we issue the final certificate:
- The plans and technical details of the project.
- A copy of the planning approval document.
- A copy of the building notice/building regulations full plans application.
- Confirmation of your intended start date / unless already started.
As part of the service we will:
- Check the drawings and technical details of the project.
- Carry out a minimum of four site visits at various stages of construction.
- Issue stage payment certificates for your lender, if required.
- Issue interim reports and advice.
- Offer expert advice throughout.
- Call 07758 219808 for a friendly and informal chat - to agree the price - instruct us to continue we will arrange a date to meet you or your representative on site:
- We will then check your technical details for compliance.
- During the build period we will continue with each inspection (incl photos) from excavation to practical completion.
- Following each stage inspection we will issue a written report to you alerting you to any problems, builders 'to do' list.
- At each stage (only on your request) we will contact your bank and authorise your draw-down of project funds.
- Client finishes the project and obtains a Building Regulation Completion certificate - send / by hand / email a copy to PWA.
- Final site check - issue client with a the PWA Professional Consultant’s Certificate together with a final snagging list for the builder.
- Big savings on multiple orders.
New Build Professional Consultants Certificate or Architect's Certificate: PLEASE CALL NOW ON: 07758 219808 for quote.